The Cornhusker Motor Club Foundation supports child passenger safety efforts in Nebraska by providing:
All parents should have their child safety seat inspected by a certified technician who will:
- Matching funds to hospitals and child safety seat organizations that conduct free seat inspections in our state.
- Grants to traffic safety organizations for child passenger safety education and certification training.
- Funds to Nebraska hospitals to purchase car seat displays to assist parents of children with special medical needs.
To locate a child safety seat fitting station or inspection event in your community, visit www.safekidsnebraska.org/local.html.
Make certain you are using the correct seat based on your child's weight and size
- Ensure the unit is correctly anchored
- Review latest information concerning safety seat product recalls
- Adjust straps and make needed adjustments
- Inspect the unit for missing parts or any defects
- Check the tension of the safety belt holding the seat in place
- Adjust the angle of the seat if needed
Visit http://safeseats4kids.aaa.com for more information on child passenger safety.
If you are interested in supporting our efforts to help ensure every child in Nebraska rides safe and secure, please click here.
Your consideration to support this program by making a tax-deductible contribution is greatly appreciated.